TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Downshifting your BIT (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11913)

X_I_Ted 06-26-2003 08:35 AM

Downshifting your BIT
 
Anyway, I've posted this idea over at the ausmicro forums, but I'll put it here too for you people who don't browse over there.

So I have myself a booster bit and I became tired of holding down the booster button to run on full speed. I know, I know, I have several other bits, including single speed versions. But I liked the option of being able to slow down for the turns. So I decided a quick, and horribly dirty, fix was in order. I found myself a small DPDT switch and soldered one of the positions to the button contacts (I'll post a pic later. And don't laugh at my soldering :eek: ) I butchered a space into my controller and set the switch near to the booster. The middle position of the switch operates the car as a normal booster but, when when I flip the switch, I short out the booster button causing the bit to run at full throttle all the time. Now single speed action is as easy as a flick of my thumb. Yay.

If only shorting out the switch didn't keep the "Go" LED lit. Wretched machina.

I could have a used a click-on click-off button or even a SPST switch, but what I really wanted to do is use the extra position so the booster function is reversed. The bit runs at full speed until you press the button, causing the bit to slow down. You've given your bit the ability to downshift. Okay, okay, it's not really downshifting since the bit lacks a transmission but it's just the principle of the matter.

Thnx to GT-Ahh over at the ausmicro forums for the solution to this half. Just use a momentary switch that is in the normally closed position. Poof. The third position will now allow you to run at full speed until you press the button, breaking the circuit and slowing you down for the turn.

Aquarius 06-26-2003 11:38 AM

Could you post a pic I have that problem too.

strider_mt2k 06-26-2003 11:50 AM

That's something I actually pointed out a while back, that these supposed "booster" cars were really being run at half "throttle" and then opened up to regular car performance.

You are dead on sir!

JackD 06-26-2003 12:20 PM

This is similar to how the Nakamichi clones run. In turbo mode they run full throttle then kick down in speed when you use the controller to turn right or left.Once you're out of the turn it automatically goes into full throttle mode.

strider_mt2k 06-28-2003 08:34 AM

There's an interesting mod idea!

PseduoRooter 06-28-2003 09:30 AM

Here is a link that reverses the boost button function.

http://www.universalhost.de/html_bit/antiboost.htm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.