TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I have access to cool equipment what could I uses them 4 on my bits? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9931)

zombiebaby 03-30-2003 07:44 PM

I have access to cool equipment what could I uses them 4 on my bits?
 
I just got promoted at work and have access 2 a lathe a plasma cutter a welder wire and stick a drill press any tool that u would need 2 keep a tire recyling plant going
Any ideas what I could make 4 bits with this stuff?

payaso 03-30-2003 07:58 PM

Re: I have access to cool equipment what could I uses them 4 on my bits?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by zombiebaby
I just got promoted at work and have access 2 a lathe a plasma cutter a welder wire and stick a drill press any tool that u would need 2 keep a tire recyling plant going
Any ideas what I could make 4 bits with this stuff?


These wheels right here... You'd be a king...


silla

nrmcj 03-30-2003 08:01 PM

correction: he'd be a god! or a deity at very least....

he could prolly drop those at 20 bucks a set and i'd still buy... oomg.... lol

zombiebaby 03-30-2003 08:23 PM

u always have the best ideas payaso
I would have 2 make them out of aluminum or plastic a nonmagnetic material is titanium magnetic i will try 2 make a
set 2morrow any other ideas

AUDI-TT 03-30-2003 08:28 PM

whays a plasama cutter? maybe u coud mak really light bit chassis with alumi.

TypeZer0 03-30-2003 09:21 PM

omg...please make sum nice aluminum wheels!! that woudl soo kick ass!! :D especially if they're wider than stock! oh wait...then we'd need to make custom tires....oh well. i'd buy a couple sets if you make some mad nice ones!! :D

zombiebaby 03-30-2003 09:37 PM

how wide should they b 1/4 inch? now about the gold parts in the pics I couldnt make anything like that but I could make centerlines five or three spokes I dont know I guess I would have 2 try
What would u guys pay for a set?

payaso 03-30-2003 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by zombiebaby
how wide should they b 1/4 inch? now about the gold parts in the pics I couldnt make anything like that but I could make centerlines five or three spokes I dont know I guess I would have 2 try
What would u guys pay for a set?

Those are 9mm rims, and pullback tires fit them perfectly.. If you want a cheap example, buy a pullback, and yank the back wheels off. They're the same size as the alloys, but they're not deep dish.

And don't forget to make one of the wheels with the nub on it. (for opposite the gear)

If you need more pics, let me know. You can sell these all day long at $15 per set. Maybe $10 without tires...


silla

TypeZer0 03-30-2003 11:28 PM

yeh, if possible include the tires. i think 5 spokes would look nice.

zombiebaby 03-31-2003 01:01 PM

any other ideas guys?

zombiebaby 03-31-2003 01:10 PM

I will b on at 11:00 centaral standard time 2 tell about the rims I'm trying 2 make

SlowbutCourious 03-31-2003 01:14 PM

i would like 2 see some tri stars!..try 2 make it happin..good luck man.

MicRoMaN 03-31-2003 01:25 PM

Maybe u could make some spoilers or other add-ons for the body, or some heat-sinks lol.

payaso 03-31-2003 01:32 PM

If you could make some steering knuckles out of alluminum or titanium, you'd have to change your user name to LORDzombiebaby.....



silla

Spanky 03-31-2003 01:50 PM

make those wheels as shown above and just use a smaller drill bit to put evenly spaced holes around the wheel...

payaso 03-31-2003 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spanky
make those wheels as shown above and just use a smaller drill bit to put evenly spaced holes around the wheel...
Exactly... Billet style baby... no hubs to mess with..


silla

payaso 03-31-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zombiebaby
I will b on at 11:00 centaral standard time 2 tell about the rims I'm trying 2 make
PM right?


silla

zombiebaby 03-31-2003 11:11 PM

i started 2day by lathing a piece of aluminum 2 12mm I cut the rim into the 12mm stock about 5mm deep then drill a hole perfect in the center then cut it 2 9mm long then I had the machines at work start ****ing up so I only got 1 done 2morow I wil do the same and have all 4 I will post pics of them 2morrow if I get them done if they r not done thrn the ones I get done
I dont know about streering knuckles but I will start a blue print

TypeZer0 03-31-2003 11:31 PM

that is so cool. your boss doesn't care that you're using company resources to make your bits cooler? :D i can't wait to see the wheels

zombiebaby 03-31-2003 11:46 PM

they dont care and they also ordered some aluminum and titanium because I said I needed it
my boss dont care but if the big office found out they would say something but there 2 busy in there jets and beemers they only come see our plant once or twice a year

rt450 04-01-2003 12:10 AM

zombie, did i make a deal with you about a semi? all i wrote down was jim west.

zombiebaby 04-01-2003 06:25 AM

i dont know lets not get off this subject

TypeZer0 04-01-2003 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by zombiebaby
they dont care and they also ordered some aluminum and titanium because I said I needed it
my boss dont care but if the big office found out they would say something but there 2 busy in there jets and beemers they only come see our plant once or twice a year

wow, that's kool, i would love to have a job where i can mostly do what i want

zombiebaby 04-01-2003 08:57 AM

I can do what I want but if something brake they want it fix right then it is a pretty stressfull job everthing thing is heavy and not easy 2 get 2

Spanky 04-01-2003 11:45 AM

how about some custom tail pipes!

Spanky 04-01-2003 11:48 AM

i didnt see it up there, but a plasma cutter is a powerful metal cutting tool. kinda like a powerful torch. although due to the size of material your using, im not sure you will need to use one..

the lathe is where its at.. i remember my days on the lathe.. so much fun!! i just liked making metal shavings...

AUDI-TT 04-01-2003 03:39 PM

i uised a cnc lathe at school an i made a exhaust for my audley 1/16 out of aluminum and it looks soooo sick, i dont think ide be able to make small enough ones for bits thoug, DAMN

cowfish_29 04-01-2003 05:10 PM

wowwwww....so much luck on to you.

if you can, get some pics of your first few (or however many) wheels you have done. I think we all wanna see.

zombiebaby 04-01-2003 11:19 PM

sorry guys didnt get 2 work on them 2night but I do have 1 that I made but cant find my cam check in the morning i will try 2 get a pic of it up

zombiebaby 04-13-2003 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I could never make the rims right so I sayed ****it any other ideas what I could make?

TypeZer0 04-13-2003 10:49 PM

what was wrong wiht the wheels you made? hmm, you think you could make an aluminum chassis? that woudl be cool. a chassis either bit size or stretched and if bit size, ahve the battery compartment jus big enough two fit two batteries cuz of all the dremeling people do to have internal dual cells

SlowbutCourious 04-14-2003 03:17 PM

...how about a custom steerin arm...

BillyP 04-14-2003 03:23 PM

Make new gear sets!

SlowbutCourious 04-14-2003 03:32 PM

i was goin 2 say that but if he cant get the rims than...........those gears are small...

Spanky 04-14-2003 04:16 PM

how about making some monster rims that will fit muscle machine tires... the bigger size may be easier to make..

i would try using some 1/2" round stock alum. putting it in a lathe, and using a 1/4"drill bit, to cut out the center of the rim.. and then the 1/16" drill bit for the axle hole.. (im not sure on teh axle diameter, i was just guessing) its nothing special... but a alum wheel would look cool.. and you can polish alum to almost look like chrome.. just get a dremel with a buffing wheel..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.