TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need more action around here!!! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19202)

Jtskty 04-30-2004 09:23 PM

Need more action around here!!!
 
Ever since the xmods xame out no one is posting on the bit and zz forums. I am going to try to do some projects to get some interest back here. Maybe we could even have a contest of some sort to get some interest in the forums. Is anyone with me or are bits going to go away for good?

stsbx 04-30-2004 10:18 PM

I don't think the XMods are taking away too much from the Bits/Zaps - After all, many of us are drawn to the Bits/Zaps because of the size - xmods require substantially more room (and money).

Heck, I can't even get my superslick upto full speed in my house it's too fast, and as a result too big.

There are a lot of other forums coming around as well, but I think it's mainly a sort of slump right now. We are in between major releases in 1:64 scale, plus the weather is getting nicer and nicer and a lot of us are going outside :D

otobot 05-01-2004 05:49 AM

yea....i agree with Jtskty, i got into bits only this january...and sad to say, i guess i missed d best years of these babies n now d end is near...:(

Jtskty 05-01-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by austex
I don't think the XMods are taking away too much from the Bits/Zaps - After all, many of us are drawn to the Bits/Zaps because of the size - xmods require substantially more room (and money).

Heck, I can't even get my superslick upto full speed in my house it's too fast, and as a result too big.

There are a lot of other forums coming around as well, but I think it's mainly a sort of slump right now. We are in between major releases in 1:64 scale, plus the weather is getting nicer and nicer and a lot of us are going outside :D

I hope your right. I know that xmods are to big for my house and that is why I'm back to bits and zips. I just hope something happens and the popularity come back. Thats why i am going to do a few things and post them. Maybe Someone could have a contest. Please Tiny! I think a good contest would bring a lot of people into the forums.

MicroSpeed 05-01-2004 12:17 PM

yeah, back before around october there were 5-10 posts a day in these forums, but ever since X-Mods came out, there have only been an average of a post or two a day. The reason I don't post much anymore is because, although I come visit this site every day that I can get on the computer, there aren't as many interesting topics to reply to.

-Micro

Jtskty 05-01-2004 02:44 PM

That is why I am trying to get more interest around here. If everyone posted one cool thing we would have an abundance of topics to look at. I am working on my part.

TX Street Racer 05-01-2004 11:52 PM

I think there will always be a "core" group of micro enthusiasts......even though many will flock to other scales. For me, I just love the technology that goes into such a small item........

merc-blue 05-02-2004 01:21 AM

ahahaha you cant get you superslick to top speed in you house... i cant get my BCG to top speed in my house... casue its so heavly geared it take a while to get up to speed

Jtskty 05-02-2004 09:52 AM

Yep, you probably are right about the group that will always be. In my house I don't see a need for anything more than stock motor in a bit.

Jtskty 05-02-2004 08:23 PM

Does this mean their are only 6 people that come to these boards regularly? That's not near what it used to be.

stsbx 05-02-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jtskty
Does this mean their are only 6 people that come to these boards regularly? That's not near what it used to be.
I think there are more, it's just that in the past year or so, several other forum sites have picked up, plus the market has been flooded..and when the market is flooded, sales slump, and product lines begin to shrink.

speaking of market being flooded, I have a feeling a lot of people got into the micro rc hobby "temporarily", i.e. short attention spans. For one reason or another, they got bored and left, while the rest of us keep on.

I'll admit to the occasional spurts of boredom where I will go for three or four years without messing around in the RC area (my first "real" RC cars were a Tamiya Hotshot and a first generation Team Associated RC10 buggy).

I do think this is temporary. I also think the 1/18th scale RCs starting to come out (starting with Team Lossi's offering) will increase interest in micro RC. Many people think they are just toys, in regards to quality. Once people see that the Mini-Ts and Mini-Zs are quality products, they might go further down to 1:43 and then 1:64.

My biggest problem with RC was space. When I was younger, I had the room to run a 1:10 car. I don't now, but I do have the room for 1:43-1:64, and so it's gotten me back into RC.

enough of my ramblings.

merc-blue 05-03-2004 01:07 AM

im with him...
to many people see mini and micro as "toys".... but once they see my BCG go faster tehn there Z and my X--mod fasther than there 1:10 then they get interested... casue in 1:10 you cant take a hack saw to a chassis like you can with the cheaper and smaller scales we deal with

Jtskty 05-03-2004 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by merc-blue
casue in 1:10 you cant take a hack saw to a chassis like you can with the cheaper and smaller scales we deal with
That is one of the main reasons I like these so much. They are so cheap that if you mess up the most expensive part it is a $20 fix. This also means that there can and will be more home - made mods.

merc-blue 05-03-2004 04:56 PM

yeh defiently i mean my prized 1:64 is a quad cell dual motor 2x fet stacks that fits into a supra shell.. the abount of cutting and hacking that was involved you would never see in 1:10 and ny newwest mod which is gonna get posted soon (once final touches are done.. will hopefuly break the 20KPH barrier)

filelicker 05-03-2004 05:46 PM

I think this forum only has slowed down , every other site I frequent is gaining membership and has alot of posts per day.I don't forsee this hobby dying anytime soon , as long as they make them there will be people to buy them.I noticed that the stores that carried clones only did so at christmas , and the same with target and microsizers.Toyeast and TOMY and LXX has new stuff coming out all the time and so does RADIO SHACK.Has anyone here seen the new" transam" zipzap body set ?or the "fat tire" set or heard about the zip zap f150 pickups coming out from radioshack? With all the new stuff coming out now and in the future , this hobby may slow down , we may lose some clone manufacturers , but we will still have good choices for 1/64 mini r/c for along time to come.

Jtskty 05-03-2004 06:11 PM

I hope so. You are right about the other sites though. I know bit pimps is getting pretty active now.

stsbx 05-03-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jtskty
I hope so. You are right about the other sites though. I know bit pimps is getting pretty active now.
So should we start using slang words like "hizzle" and "shizzle" to generate more activity??

j/k. BP is not a bad site, they have some good info. Unfortunately, they are trying to lower their cars while I'm trying to get more clearance on mine. Tired of running on concrete.

My quest for something around 1:43-1:64 scale that can actually handle more than a small twig goes on. and on. and on.

Jtskty 05-04-2004 06:51 AM

About the ground clearance, bitpimps has a lot of threads about making trucks. Bettyk, the person who started the whole craze posts there a lot. You hizzle shizzle? lol :D

Jtskty 05-05-2004 07:43 PM

What happend? It's been a whole day and no new posts. I did what I could.:rolleyes: I even said hizzle shizzle :D .

SuperFly 05-05-2004 11:01 PM

Personally, I think people make too big a deal about the whole pimp thang. There was a dude here that got banned for going off on the pimps, and he deserved it. TinyRC is great, and the first forum I came to when I started into bits. However, bitpimps is about 5x more active in the micro-scale shizzle.

Jtskty 05-06-2004 06:23 AM

I agree with you but I am not sure why bit pimps is so much more popular than tinyrc right now when most of the people who post on either forums have accounts on both.

Jtskty 05-06-2004 08:37 PM

I went and did it. After all this time of only being a member of tinyrc I went and got an account at bit pimps.

There is just not enough posts on these boards. My name is Josh there.

crazydave 05-07-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by austex
j/k. BP is not a bad site, they have some good info. Unfortunately, they are trying to lower their cars while I'm trying to get more clearance on mine. Tired of running on concrete.
:rolleyes:

hue35 05-10-2004 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jtskty
I agree with you but I am not sure why bit pimps is so much more popular than tinyrc right now when most of the people who post on either forums have accounts on both.
Because whining is a punishable offense at bitPimps... whining kids either step up, or they get pounced on. I come here about once a month anymore, and it's worse every time. Too many whiney kids... if you don't know what I mean, check out Mr.M's posts... he's exactly what keeps me away.

Jtskty 05-10-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hue35
Because whining is a punishable offense at bitPimps... whining kids either step up, or they get pounced on. I come here about once a month anymore, and it's worse every time. Too many whiney kids... if you don't know what I mean, check out Mr.M's posts... he's exactly what keeps me away.
lol ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.