TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Li-on AA cells (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18153)

Desslok 02-11-2004 08:55 AM

Li-on AA cells
 
I have found a source for li-on 700mha AA cel's that would allow me to offer them for sale at $10.50 each.+shipping to your location.
these would be brand new not salvaged cell's.

the problem is the minimum order quantity would be a bit of a pinch on my wallet. also it will take roughly 3weeks to recieve my order directly from the battery manufacturer in china. so I am wondering what the interest lvl would be for these batteries.
would you be willing to be pre pay for a set of cell's ?

if the interest is high enough I will order these and I should have delivery in 3 weeks.

Rez 02-11-2004 02:25 PM

http://shdesigns.org/lionchg.html
Here you go. One of the schematics indicates that it can be adjusted for 1 to 3 cells.

Desslok 02-11-2004 03:36 PM

charger
 
here is a link to my favorite charger. I have one and love it.
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../gpmm3150.html

short version it will charg every type of battery you might get you hands on.

TypeZer0 02-11-2004 03:56 PM

Re: charger
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Desslok
here is a link to my favorite charger. I have one and love it.
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../gpmm3150.html

short version it will charg every type of battery you might get you hands on.

wow and it's only 130 bucks! :p

Desslok 02-11-2004 05:15 PM

Charger
 
I dident say it was cheap.
but considering the usefulness of the device over the years you will be charging up various batteries I think it is quite resonable.
but the Triton charger certinly is not the only charger out there.

try these.
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encod...lithiumion.htm
http://www.microrc.com/WES.htm#chargers

bob256 02-11-2004 09:40 PM

Cool, i've also done some reasearch on li-ion batteries, what's the voltage on those cells? Great research on the charger, also.

Desslok 02-11-2004 10:42 PM

Cell voltage
 
the cell voltage is 3.7v.

RC 2NR 02-15-2004 09:25 PM

You could just get this li-ion kit from Atomic Mods.

Desslok 02-15-2004 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I could purchase the loose cell's from him for 14.95 each tru.
but why would I want to buy scavanged cells with who know's how many charge/discharge cycles on them.
if you look at the picture attached you can easly see the tack welded battery tabs. these are from what ever origional pack the cell's were in. It's possible he is buying brand new battery packs for some phone or other that uses these cell's and then rips them apart to sell, that would explain the high price for the cell's I supose.

then there is the price, frankly it sux. I can see how many cells I could buy new for that 14.95 so I am curently saving up my $$ to make my first order prolly on the 15th of next month. I know I am going to want to have a bunch on hand for my own xmods and experiments. I have looked at AAA cell's 2 and there quite a bit more $$ per cel strangly and only have a 300mha capacity.

boxcrash 02-21-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Desslok
I could purchase the loose cell's from him for 14.95 each tru.
but why would I want to buy scavanged cells with who know's how many charge/discharge cycles on them.
if you look at the picture attached you can easly see the tack welded battery tabs. these are from what ever origional pack the cell's were in. It's possible he is buying brand new battery packs for some phone or other that uses these cell's and then rips them apart to sell, that would explain the high price for the cell's I supose.

then there is the price, frankly it sux. I can see how many cells I could buy new for that 14.95 so I am curently saving up my $$ to make my first order prolly on the 15th of next month. I know I am going to want to have a bunch on hand for my own xmods and experiments. I have looked at AAA cell's 2 and there quite a bit more $$ per cel strangly and only have a 300mha capacity.

Yeah I like Robert and I have no problems with him and he is smart.
He also would be the guy to get them from if you do not want to hunt them down and tear apart packs yourself.
I still have a very hard time paying $14.95 for one cell.

boxcrash 02-27-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Desslok
then there is the price, frankly it sux. I can see how many cells I could buy new for that 14.95 so I am curently saving up my $$ to make my first order prolly on the 15th of next month. I know I am going to want to have a bunch on hand for my own xmods and experiments. I have looked at AAA cell's 2 and there quite a bit more $$ per cel strangly and only have a 300mha capacity.
Any word on your findings I have been searching long and hard too find these?

I would be very interested in these.

fastskyline3 02-29-2004 05:52 PM

cheap lithium ions
 
i found a place that sells lithium ion AA for only 4.95
http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=10075

RC 2NR 02-29-2004 08:38 PM

Re: cheap lithium ions
 
Quote:

Originally posted by fastskyline3
i found a place that sells lithium ion AA for only 4.95
http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=10075

Wow, not bad, 1350 mAh and 3.6 V all for $4.95. :)

boxcrash 02-29-2004 09:05 PM

Too large, aprox 60mm long, the normal AA size Li-Ions are about 50-55mm.

RC 2NR 03-01-2004 06:34 AM

Yeah, they're too wide to. :(

slugbugg 03-01-2004 06:59 AM

We need to find a reasonably priced source for the 17500 li-ion cells like these on that site.(scroll down to the 17500)

They are 17mm dia. by 50mm long, slightly larger diameter than a AA batt(14mm dia.) but have a decent mah rating but only 500 charge cycles but still thats a lot of racing.

The 14500 are the same size as AA batts with a mah rating of 620 but I'd prefer the slightly larger batts with the higher mah rating just for the longer run time.

Those batts on that site are overseas so I'm looking for a source here in the states.I encourage everyone to look for a good source of these batts.

I do have some 17500 batts coming but they wont be here for atleast two weeks.

RC 2NR 03-01-2004 07:23 AM

What about using lithium polymer cells...like the ones used with model planes?

slugbugg 03-01-2004 07:34 AM

Those are ok but tend to be difficult to fit if they are to wide/tall.The batteries really cant be to much higher than the top of the chassis, if they are the body wont fit right.

A 17mmdia. X 50mm long cylindrical battery will fit nicely on a custom chassis that I want. The smaller diameter batteries(14500) should fit a stock Xmod nicely.

boxcrash 03-01-2004 04:03 PM

I..............
 
Quote:

Originally posted by slugbugg
We need to find a reasonably priced source for the 17500 li-ion cells like these on that site.(scroll down to the 17500)

They are 17mm dia. by 50mm long, slightly larger diameter than a AA batt(14mm dia.) but have a decent mah rating but only 500 charge cycles but still thats a lot of racing.

I might have a cheap source for some the same size but 830maH, but I might have to order a incrediably large amount, I will have to see for sure.

Did you order these from this site??? How much where they with shipping and all???

slugbugg 03-01-2004 11:04 PM

I didnt order from that site because it is oversea's and I didnt want to go that route just yet.
I have ordered 4 of the 17500 size batteries and they were just over 6 bucks each.I know there must be a better source for these but I havnt found it yet but then again I have only looked a little bit so far.

boxcrash 03-02-2004 07:51 AM

...................
 
Quote:

Originally posted by slugbugg
I didnt order from that site because it is oversea's and I didnt want to go that route just yet.
I have ordered 4 of the 17500 size batteries and they were just over 6 bucks each.I know there must be a better source for these but I havnt found it yet but then again I have only looked a little bit so far.

So where did you order the batteries from??

slugbugg 03-02-2004 05:35 PM

A site called slavin4u and I got them today.
He must have been messing with me a bit when I asked for an order status update after one week had passed.
He said he would ship them in a week, so yeah he was having a little fun with me but at least I didnt demand to know where there were after 2 days like I have had happen to me.

They are slighty larger in diameter than AA batteries but should fit nicely in a custom project.

boxcrash 03-03-2004 09:30 AM

Nah, awesome those are aprox the exact same size as the Atomic Mod ones.

For info purposes,

AAA Akaline= 44.9mm X 10mm

AA Akaline= 49.7mm X 14.0mm
Measured with digital caliper.
(measured length pos terminal to negative terminal)

Thanx a bunch, so this company is legit???

slugbugg 03-03-2004 06:14 PM

Yep I got my batteries from them without a problem.
If I like how they work I'll order more from them but I'm hoping to find them at an even better price even though $12.40 for two batteries is a decent price.(I bought 4 total)

RC 2NR 03-04-2004 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by suzieslover
Once you trip with Lith, there is no going back.
:p

boxcrash 03-05-2004 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by suzieslover
That is a pretty good price actually.
The cells I have are a little higher mAh but are pretty similar.
If you are ever unhappy with the one you have or need a replacement look us up.

Once you trip with Lith, there is no going back.

What are the dimensions and the size of the batteries, also what are the prices?

Thanks.

boxcrash 03-17-2004 04:38 PM

Yeah I bought 4 of the 17500 from them and got them within a week and they where only $6.20 each and the shipping was cheap.

They can get as many as they need too.:D

fastskyline3 03-18-2004 09:45 PM

g maxx makes lithium ion cells and there only 4.95 per cell minium order is three

boxcrash 03-19-2004 12:09 PM

Cool nice find.

Yeah the shipping of 4 was only 2.95 and thats pretty dang cheap so I took up on it.

I will have to check out those as well

www.g-maxx.com, right???

Yeah I cannot check them out now and have tried but the site will not load, someone is clogging this side of the router at work with excessive porn-download overdose.:D

fastskyline3 03-20-2004 10:06 PM

lol , that is the correct site

fastskyline3 04-13-2004 10:01 PM

robert how do your llitium ion cells compare to the gmaxx cells of similar size


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.