TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps SE (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Thinking about doing some mods to a SE. (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13175)

Bad Company 09-05-2003 05:07 PM

Thinking about doing some mods to a SE.
 
Actually, I was thinking about removing the light system from one of the SE bodies and transplanting them into another like the new Camaro or something. Also, I was thinking about possibly trying a Laymans 4 cell since the original battery is longer, if it will fit. I've got some questions for the more tech minded people out there. How do you think the extra voltage will effect the motorized steering? Will it be too much for the PCB? I know not much is known yet about these yet, but I don't want to be the first to blow his up! Any ideas?

And yes...for those who know me, I am looking into a wheel mod. It appears to be fairly simple. You remove one screw on the bracket above the knuckles and they look like they will just lift out.

Geckoboy 09-05-2003 07:50 PM

for a wheel mod go with some modifier rims

Bad Company 09-05-2003 07:56 PM

I have done the Modifiers wheel mod on one of my regular Zips and while they look really good, they don't do to well for performance. I'm going to go with something a little more solid like the KIT Racer wheels. They are probably one of the best wheel mods that don't sacrifice performance IMO.

eman1 09-05-2003 08:05 PM

good luck with the mods. I wish they brought your other 4 page post back to this forum, i cant reply with the post being in the other forum. I had more to say, so i posted it on the bitpimps thread that you made.

Bad Company 09-05-2003 08:10 PM

Everything posted over there has to be viewed by a moderator and approved before actually showing up.

Geckoboy 09-05-2003 08:16 PM

so thats y i cant post
well i got a question
do u know if the 05' mustang is aviable yet

xxspeednplayaxx 09-05-2003 09:35 PM

4 cell
 
hey ahh5hit, ok u wanted to kno bout the 4cell.. (im currently doin it to my ancient ZZ) ne ways the pcb should hold and ass for steering itll be more responcive and move quiker... hope this helped!

~M1K3

viperkilla 09-05-2003 09:41 PM

hey ahh5hit when did you change your sn to bad company?

Bad Company 09-05-2003 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by viperkilla
hey ahh5hit when did you change your sn to bad company?
Out of respect for the forum rules and the other members.

thelaz71 09-06-2003 12:22 AM

I have one question about the se ....like the 150 other guys on this forum(I think you reached celebrity status here) but is that epoxy or something on the pcb to keep us from messing with it?

Aquarius 09-06-2003 12:41 AM

Its probably there to stop other companys from copying their design.

Yugo DSC Maxxer 09-06-2003 01:42 AM

Uhhh....Off Topic? Just a little bit.
 
Awwww, man! I loved the Ahh5hit name! I thought it was funny and creative at the same time. :p I'm still laughing....
But how did you change your posting name?

Bad Company 09-06-2003 12:11 PM

There is some type of coating painted over the PCB. This will make mods a little bit harder now.

Yugo DSC Maxxer 09-06-2003 01:35 PM

A coating?!?
Ok.....RadioShack really doesnt want us modding one...So now I don't want to get one!

Bad Company 09-06-2003 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, the top of the PCB board has some kind of coating, but the bottom doesn't. Maybe it's just for appearance, or maybe to prevent interfearence.

Yugo DSC Maxxer 09-06-2003 02:07 PM

Oh.....but what does bottom on the bottom mean?
Would that coating prevent certain mods?
Thanks.

airline2 09-06-2003 03:22 PM

by the looks of it it will kind of hard to mod anything on the se's

Bad Company 09-06-2003 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SE in disguise....

I think I might use this body, transplant the lights over to it, and cut a T-Top in. I kinda like the existing Savanna wheels on the Camaro, looks like the rally style wheels the real ones have. What do you think?

Yugo DSC Maxxer 09-06-2003 05:17 PM

I cann tell it's an SE by the silver centre caps on the wheels.:D

Geckoboy 09-06-2003 11:04 PM

Bad Company,

i love them rims and they do look like rally wheels
do u have the eclipse from the first movie
if u do, (i think)lights would look better in that then the camaro(but then i anit a camaro fan)

TypeZer0 09-07-2003 12:44 AM

jus curious, do the stock tires fit better on teh wheels now or is it still half a mm too narrow? this is y i prefer bitcharg tires, they fit nicer on the wheels

Bad Company 09-07-2003 09:19 AM

The tires fit exactly the same. The only thing I noticed so far is that the Savanna hubcaps are a little tighter fit on the regular Zip rear axles.

Namuna 09-07-2003 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is probably more of a Mod for the next generation of ZZSE, Something I'd DEFINATELY like to see adjusted (or better yet adjustable) is the controller steering "play".

What I mean by that is the wheel, on the controller, travels 45° and -45° from neutral...BUT to go from Straight to FULL turn is only like +/- 20°. That's just too tight for my taste.

Here's a diagram to better show what I mean. The Black arrow represents Neutral. From Black to either Green arrows is how much the wheel travels...From Black to either Blue arrows though is about how much the full range of propo steering there is (quite tight).

Bad Company 09-07-2003 11:51 AM

Namuna, you wanna be the first to tear apart his controller and see how one might adjust that? :D

You are correct, I have noticed that it doesn't appear to be using the full range of the wheel.

Namuna 09-07-2003 06:08 PM

Well, apparently the 4 screws in the controller isn't the only thing holding it together.

Gonna have to fidget with it some more to figure out how to rip it apart.

eman1 09-07-2003 06:56 PM

Hm. 20* is very small in each direction for steering. thats weird that the wheel keeps going

airline2 09-07-2003 06:58 PM

it is prob some type of glue that is very tuff to get through so the comp can't steal the research

Bad Company 09-07-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Namuna
Well, apparently the 4 screws in the controller isn't the only thing holding it together.

Gonna have to fidget with it some more to figure out how to rip it apart.

You're right, it is held together pretty good. I was able to get it popped open all the way around except near the trim dial.

gangstermx3 09-07-2003 07:45 PM

off subject
 
that ticks me off the se's had to come out when big rc race season is just weeks away so i have no money cuz its all goning in mt rc10 t3:mad:

sessiz10 09-07-2003 09:16 PM

Re: off subject
 
Quote:

Originally posted by gangstermx3
that ticks me off the se's had to come out when big rc race season is just weeks away so i have no money cuz its all goning in mt rc10 t3:mad:
Maybe we'll see some micro rc competitions spring up.;)

airline2 09-08-2003 01:27 AM

the comp is already behind them

Bad Company 09-08-2003 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A little something I'm working on....

Remember the Skyline....same deal here. Still need to trim the skirts down a bit, but you get the idea. Also going to add a little more to the spoiler.

Bad Company 09-08-2003 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made these skirts thicker because I'm not going to be able to lower the body enough and still keep the lights installed. I don't want to go thru the hassle of rewiring the lights PCB to the rear of the car.

oOfrog_BoyOo 09-08-2003 08:18 PM

awsome bc i cant wait to see what ya add on to the spoiler caues i dont like the one on there

skklown 09-08-2003 08:20 PM

sweet man!! r u gonna paint it 2?

Bad Company 09-08-2003 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by skklown
sweet man!! r u gonna paint it 2?
Yes, it will get a custom paint job. Any suggestions?

skklown 09-08-2003 08:36 PM

red with chrome wheels and chrome spoiler:D !

ridealot100 09-08-2003 09:23 PM

if they sell it a chameleon paintjob woyuld be cool like its purple and it shines blue.


or jet black

or blue and yellow

red and black

the whole paintjob is thre red white and blue stripes(that would be awsome)

Yugo DSC Maxxer 09-08-2003 09:55 PM

Flames!
:D
Nice job Bad Company!
A custom bB will come soon...very soon...
It's a clone clear bB and....well.....it was free.
:D

airline2 09-09-2003 04:20 AM

whynot keep it the way it is


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.