TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps SE (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Thinking about doing some mods to a SE. (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13175)

Bad Company 09-12-2003 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another...

kwikbb 09-12-2003 01:16 PM

Dead Sexy!

Now, RS are we taking notes? That's how a ride should umm... ride, low n' lean

Lovely :cool:

aaronjs04 09-12-2003 01:36 PM

That looks sweet man! I see you cut off the pop up lights. Did you use the dremel for that?

aaronjs04 09-12-2003 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bad Company
Here is a pic of the body on the chassis lowered. There is not much lowering capablitlies on the SE chassis, with or without the lights PCB board in the body. The main problem is that bigh ole black box on top of the chassis PCB.
Hey BC can you show a picture of how you did the tab lowering?

vtheo 09-12-2003 01:53 PM

i am normal not a fan for body mods, but i might have to do this one, exept with a lancer body... looks sick(darn it now i will feel stupid when i make fun of the lowered just for looks not for prefomance rice burners) man thats looks awesome, i could go on and on....:D

Bad Company 09-12-2003 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually haven't done the complete tab lowering yet. All I have done is remove the existing tabs. It's such a tight fit, the body actually stays in place with out any tabs. I will add some, but they will have to be really small, something like 1/32". You can see here how tight of a fit it is when you push the chassis up in the body (even without the existing tabs).

Bad Company 09-12-2003 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I used a dremel to remove the pop up lights. I went ahead and made a new spoiler. Now to paint this puppy.

BabyKiller 09-12-2003 04:46 PM

DUDE now put them lights on a older body

ridealot100 09-12-2003 06:42 PM

no doubt about it you make the dumbest cars look the best. you are the best modder period when it comes to looks

Great Job on that savanna i wish i could do somthn like that without destroying it:rolleyes:

racemini89 09-12-2003 09:09 PM

bc, i got the lights out but do you no how to get the lights in reg. zip bodys

vtheo 09-12-2003 09:09 PM

no offense to bc, but have you seen sinned's work? he just doesnt mod bodies, he makes them look like completly different cars.... its amazing. I really like this mod, it one of the best modded bodys that still looks like the source body :p

Also i think that you new sn bc is better, when i first saw your old one i was thinking that you were a person that wasnt much help to the board, except to flame people.... boy have you proved me wrong...... i am still figureing out who this is helpful...... lets see another wheel mod :D if i didnt mess up the steering every time i opened it i might be willing to do this....

racemini89 09-12-2003 10:08 PM

i got the lights on the eclipse
 
1 Attachment(s)
the front lights

racemini89 09-12-2003 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the back

Bad Company 09-12-2003 10:31 PM

Nice job racemini89!

I have seen sinned's work, and I can't even come close to touching him, only his fellow Germans could.

I have never been the type of person to flame or disrespect anyone, that was just a name I choose a long time ago because I thought it was funny and I have used it for mostly everything I can get away with it.

vtheo 09-12-2003 10:36 PM

I see that now... i when i saw on of your wheel mods i was like :eek: and you kept on coming with them.... and with hind sight i wonder why i even posted that thing about sinned, oh well what done is done.....

Awesome Racemini looks good, i cant wait till i get mine

Bad Company 09-12-2003 10:44 PM

Well, thanks for the compliments! Sinned is talented for sure. I only do simple body mods. I don't have the patience to do what he does. As for wheel mods. I 've kinda run out of new ones, until they release some new diecasts at least. I've been thinking about doing my own custom ones though.

cowfish_29 09-13-2003 12:19 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:
That's amazing! It looks factory...the sexy kind! good job! Can't wait for paint/wheels...if ya got plans..

Does it look like there would be room for a Li-Poly setup in the SE?

EDIT: i'm also not feelin' the way the headlights turn on and off when you stop and go...might just be me though.

MicroSpeed 09-13-2003 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Exellent work BadCompany, Exellent work!! I had an Idea though, what if you left the headlights (still in down position) empty, and put clear lenses over them, then you could rig up some sort of space saving led system, and have headlights through the clear lenses. I dont get what I'm saying so heres a picture to show you what I mean. This is what I plan on doing to my BCG RX-7 body. \/

Bad Company 09-13-2003 08:33 AM

I actually thought about doing that exact same thing with the existing LED's I removed, but I want to stick them in another body. It may be something I do in the future though.

You will have to move the LED PCB to the rear of the car above the motor and add some wire to the front LED's. You also may not be able to lower the Savanna body as low because the plug for the lights sits right in the front windshield.

airline2 09-13-2003 06:58 PM

i find no need to mod mine

BabyKiller 09-14-2003 06:28 AM

i do i personally need to get that shiat 2.4v battery out and put in 2 seperate 1.2v 200mah cells and have some genius do a max torque mod

airline2 09-14-2003 09:27 AM

i find there is enough speed in mine withe performance motor that comes stock with them

dr1zz 09-14-2003 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by airline2
i find there is enough speed in mine withe performance motor that comes stock with them
oh hell no! even with a 4.2 its pretty slow of the line........

eman1 09-14-2003 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dr1zz
oh hell no! even with a 4.2 its pretty slow of the line........
Thats what i heard from bad company. The speed with teh 4.2 is similar to the 28k, but torque is worse :confused:

tigermask44 09-14-2003 10:43 AM

Hey airline2,

Hows about posting some kind of content? Your posts litter this board that add little or nothing to the discussion. Nice work BC, your posts and faqs on the SE led me to get one and I love it.

MicroSpeed 09-14-2003 11:14 AM

I use the 3.4 motor from my Nascar Motorworks (aka ZZ NX) and it goes plenty faster than a 4.2, but in a MS its a different story. Also, I did not get any "lack of torque", on the contrary, the 3.4 beat my friends brand new MotorWorks in a "torque test" (the cars are put nose to nose and you see which car pushes the other to find which has more torque). The only mod I find nessesary is a body kit.

rfnagel 09-14-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tigermask44
Hey airline2,

Hows about posting some kind of content? Your posts litter this board that add little or nothing to the discussion.

Agreed. Makes it quite difficult to wade through the board to find posts that actually have content -:(

ZipRC 09-14-2003 03:24 PM

i see (or at least i think i see) that you dremeled away those lines on the body that were from like bad molding or something. I havent touched the dremel or the airbrush for a month or so :(. anyways, great job, power to ya

Bad Company 09-14-2003 06:52 PM

Actually, I just used sandpaper for the molding lines. I used the dremel to remove the pop up lights and the tabs holding the light system under the body.

Celicafreak 09-14-2003 07:15 PM

Anybody try to get the black goo off yet?

eman1 09-14-2003 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Celicafreak
Anybody try to get the black goo off yet?
In another post a saw a picture with most of the black stuff scratched off.

Celicafreak 09-14-2003 07:42 PM

Got a link...because I saw the picture of the bottom of the board but not the top...

eman1 09-15-2003 05:11 PM

I dont remember what post i saw it in, but i did see a picture of the top scraped off.

chrome 09-15-2003 06:19 PM

did anyone even try to use heat?

Madcat 09-19-2003 01:51 AM

What is the deal with the controller?
Why have they switched they left/right to the left!
Does anyone know if you could get these in NZ? How much do they cost!?

MicroSpeed 09-19-2003 07:58 AM

hey BC, hows the Savana coming along? do you have any more pictures?

Bad Company 09-19-2003 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MicroSpeed
hey BC, hows the Savana coming along? do you have any more pictures?
I haven't been able to do anything here because of the hurricane. I will hopefully get back on this weekend.

MicroSpeed 09-20-2003 08:07 AM

Yeaah, we got some of the hurricane too, power's been going out and coming on every 6 hours or so.

metsrule119 09-20-2003 09:26 PM

BC,

can you show us how you do SE tab lowering?

Bad Company 09-21-2003 09:32 AM

You can use this, but you will have to make adjustments for the new front tab. I haven't had a chance to correct the tutorial for the new SE front tab.

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...t=tab+lowering


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.