TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   A wonderful idea, an alternator (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16900)

LithiumXmod 01-01-2004 02:50 PM

fusion:D

10_second_supra 01-01-2004 03:42 PM

It would be cool if you put a solar panel on it

3series takumi 01-01-2004 03:45 PM

solar dont work either :( very very low power rating they have

tavisjohn 01-01-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LithiumXmod
fusion:D
Mr. Fusion? ;)

R33E8 01-01-2004 11:40 PM

I think this tread could help alittle http://forums.rcinfo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4525

eetoi 01-01-2004 11:40 PM

Now wait just a minute everybody. If I'm not mistaken, I have had an idea similar to this before: use a motor to spin a generator to power the motor. Or something like that. I thought that up like, 4 years ago. Then I learned a little something about FRICTION, and the law of conservation of mass and energy, or something. I was so excited, but then realized it would never work. A generator only changes the form of energy and actually loses some in the process. You CANNOT create excess power from a generator powered by the drivetrain in turn powered by batteries which the generator is powering. This setup will, in fact, lose more energy than if you just had the original setup without the generator. What you should be aiming for is efficiency, which will result in the least amount of total energy loss. You could have lower resistance drive transistors, a smoother drivetrain, etc.

3series takumi 01-01-2004 11:49 PM

wow i couldnt have said that better myself. i wish though that i knew of that 6 years ago though. college well even highschool has taught me alot since then

eetoi 01-01-2004 11:51 PM

Dude, I learned that when I was like 12 years old :D

3series takumi 01-01-2004 11:53 PM

6 years ago i was 14 and not into technology. i was an artist type :(

... was a sad sad time for me

eetoi 01-01-2004 11:57 PM

I feel for ya man *pats* apply your artist skills to making badass bodies!

3series takumi 01-02-2004 12:01 AM

check out my pictures in the minix gallery, i already have ;p

QPizzle 01-02-2004 02:20 PM

i have a bone to pick with civic freak... he rants on someone and calls them a moron cause they didnt know the max. volts a xmods car can handle, yet he asks why his ic-3s dont charge in 15mins without a rayovac 15min charger, even tho right on the package it says only works with rayovac 15min charger, other chargers have different charge times. he then wants to make an alternator as if he has any clue as to what an alternator is and how to go about that obstacle... and then.. he incorrectly tries to post a pic of a car smoking its tires, when even my dog can see its cotton. bad company doesnt like me swearing so i struggled to keep this clean. idk but for some reason, kids like him shouldnt bother talking. and please dont tell me if i have nothing good to say, dont say it... thats how mentally handicapped people and kindergarteners are treated. people need criticism or else they would never learn from mistakes and they would crack in real life because they were never wrong.

Bad Company 01-02-2004 02:27 PM

There is a difference between criticism and insulting. I noted civic freaks comment as I do for EVERYONE. (I keep notes.).

You are free to express your opinion, but do it in a way as not to personally insult the other person or use inappropriate language. Now, I do let some stuff slide, but when you intentionally use that l;anguage in such a way, it will catch my eye more often than not.

I am not picking on you or anyone, but you blantantly exressed your self in what I considered an inappropriate way.

Now, do not carry this situation into other forums. If you have something to express, you can email me.

civic freak 01-02-2004 03:26 PM

QPizzle!,shut up ive never ranted on anybody except for when that dude took my idea of hooked on phonics worked for me i havent even been to that thread about max voltage and ive never called ANYBODY on this site a moron so shut up if wasnt afraid id be kicked off this site you would be lost in a world of cursin and im gonna say it if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything because you ARE a mentally hadicaped person so shut the hell up !!!!:mad: :mad:

mtnet2000 01-02-2004 03:32 PM

Just like the Toyota Pruis, using regenerated Kenetic Energy!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.